Elected officials play an important role within the Data Practices Act as both creators of government data and the responsible elected body. This course will help you understand the basic components of the Data Practices Act — including data classifications and common data requests received by a city, as well as penalties for non-compliance.
By completing this course, you will:
- Learn what the Data Practices Act is.
- Be able to identify government data covered by the Act.
- Understand your own role in creating government data.
- Explore common data requests a city may receive.
- Review the basic procedures for a data request and penalties for non-compliance.
Subject matter expert
Kyle Hartnett, Research Attorney, League of Minnesota Cities
Video, interactive scenarios, downloadable resources, and quizzes — learn more about MemberLearn here.
0 – 20 users = $15 per user
21 – 50 users = $10 per user
Over 51 users = $7 per user
Please note: The above prices apply per order, not per city. To receive the bulk discounts, your city needs to register everyone for this course at once.
When you purchase a course in MemberLearn, you’re able to access it at any time and it will not expire — so you can learn at your own pace and review the material as much as you’d like.