Please note the 2022 window for entries is now closed.
Each and every day, city officials throughout Minnesota do outstanding work that enhances the quality of life in our communities. The League of Minnesota Cities offers cities an opportunity each year to showcase that work through the annual City of Excellence Awards.
If your city has done one or more of the following, we encourage you to send in an entry:
- Improved the quality of a city service.
- Developed an effective or innovative way to solve an old or common problem.
- Modified a program from another community or organization to fit your needs.
- Found a way to save your city money and achieve the same or better results.
- Involved citizens or other city staff in making a decision.
Winners are chosen in each of three general population categories. A single award is also presented in a topical category. The 2022 Topical Category is “Improving Your City’s Workplace Culture.”
The winner of each category receives a cash prize of $1,000, a commemorative plaque, and special recognition. Winning cities are also featured in League press releases and publications.
Congratulations to the the 2021 City of Excellence Award winners. They are Spring Grove, South St. Paul and West St. Paul, North Branch, and Sartell.