Explore the foundations of property tax calculation and its significance in promoting the economic stability and growth in Minnesota cities.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Visualize the property tax process from the vantage points of both residents and elected officials.
- Describe the council’s main responsibilities in property taxation.
- Explain how assessments and the property tax levy work.
- Become familiar with classification rates, local tax rates, parcel tax calculations, and other considerations.
- Discover best practices for helping residents understand how property taxes function.
Subject Matter Expert
Lisa Sova, Assistant Finance Director, League of Minnesota Cities
Videos, interactives, and knowledge check — learn more about MemberLearn.
This free course is only available to League of Minnesota Cities members and is included as part of your city’s LMC membership.
After you initially access this MemberLearn course you’re able to access it again at any time and it will not expire — so you can learn at your own pace and review the material as much as you’d like.