The League advocates for Minnesota cities on Capitol Hill
With the heightened attention to our nation’s Capitol, the League Board of Directors has adopted a more active federal advocacy strategy. We will communicate, build relationships, and partner on important legislation and administrative rulemaking with all members of Minnesota’s congressional delegation. Now more than ever, the city voice needs to be heard in Washington, D.C.
- US Treasury Releases More Guidance on ARPA Funds
- FCC Ruling on Franchise Fees Partially Upheld by Appeals Court
- What Cities Need to Know About Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund Guidance
- US Senators Now Accepting Congressionally Directed Spending Requests From Cities
- New Earmark Process: What Cities Should Know About Congressionally Directed Spending
- Biden Administration Rolls Out American Jobs Plan Infrastructure Package
- American Rescue Plan Act: Provisions of Interest to Cities
- President Biden Signs American Rescue Plan With $350 Billion in Aid to State and Local Governments
- US House Passes $1.9 Trillion COVID-19 Pandemic Rescue Plan
- DHS Issues National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Spending May Trigger Audit Requirement
- FCC Expands Restrictions on Local Regulations for Certain Broadband Antennas
- Federal COVID-19 Relief Package Signed Into Law
- New NLC Survey Data Used to Push for More Federal Assistance for Cities
- FCC Expands Wireless Providers’ Authority to Change Existing Telecommunications Sites
- US Court of Appeals Rules on Challenges to FCC Order Regarding Small Cell Regulation
- Federal Stimulus Package Negotiations Stall as Unemployment Benefits Run Out
- FCC Declaratory Ruling Impacts Process for Modifying Certain Existing Wireless Facilities
- US Treasury Releases Updated Guidance on Coronavirus Relief Funding
- COVID-19 Federal Update (4/27/20): Interim Spending Package Approved, Treasury Releases CARES Act Guidance
- Federal Health Care Reform
- Letter to members of Congress in support of Protecting Community Television Act (pdf)
- Press release by Sen. Amy Klobuchar quoting LMC executive director in support of Protecting Community Television Act
National League of Cities
While the League of Minnesota Cities focuses primarily on state legislative issues, we also advocate on federal issues directly and through our partner organization, the National League of Cities (NLC).
NLC is a key advocacy and information resource for elected city officials. NLC keeps members apprised of federal regulations, solutions to problems, and challenges for the future.
In 1924, the League of Minnesota Cities and other state municipal leagues formed NLC to have a voice for city issues in Washington, D.C. Today, NLC continues its advocacy role and includes a wide variety of learning and leadership development opportunities.
Elected officials from League of Minnesota Cities member cities can attend NLC conferences and leadership training seminars, serve on policy committees, and access NLC’s information resources. Your city can also become an NLC Direct Member City, allowing you to receive additional discounts and strengthen your level of participation in NLC.