City Council, Planning Commissioners
In this course, you will learn the basics of why and how cities engage in land use planning and regulation, and why local officials should take time to carefully and conscientiously create land use laws. You will also become familiar with the tools cities use to regulate land use as well as the process that cities should consider when making land use decisions.
By completing this course, you will:
- Explain why cities regulate land use
- State the importance of the Municipal Planning Act
- Recognize that cities play multiple roles in the land use process
- Classify the types of discretion that cities have to make land use decisions
- Examine the tools that cities use to regulate land use
- Outline the process that cities should consider when making land use decisions
Subject Matter Expert
Jed Burkett, Loss Control/Land Use Attorney – League of Minnesota Cities
Videos, infographics, downloadable materials, and knowledge check — learn more about MemberLearn.
0 – 20 users = $15 per user
21 – 50 users = $10 per user
Over 51 users = $7 per user
Please note: The above prices apply per order, not per city. To receive the bulk discounts, your city needs to register everyone for this course at once.
When you purchase a course in MemberLearn, you’re able to access it at any time and it will not expire — so you can learn at your own pace and review the material as much as you’d like.