The League of Minnesota Cites, Association of Metropolitan Municipalities, and Association of Minnesota Counties are pleased to announce the new Local Government Salary & Benefits Survey is open and ready for you to review salary and benefits data. Data entry emails with a link to view the data were distributed on Sept. 27, 2023, to organizations who participated in the survey.
If your organization has participated in the survey, you can access the survey results via a portal on the Arthur J. Gallagher website. (password protected)
About the new survey
- We have pivoted from an update anytime during the year survey to a once-a-year window to update data. Through this new process there is a more robust data validation process to build greater confidence in data reliability.
- Participation in the survey is required for free access. An annual fee will be charged for nonparticipating entities or other organizations requesting access. View the request to purchase access form (docx).
- Contact League HR staff with questions regarding purchased access.
- Contact Mindy Corby
- Contact Mindy Corby
- The new survey tool will allow you to compare salaries and benefits of your staff to those of other city and county organizations throughout Minnesota.
- Many Minnesota cities and counties (Greater Minnesota and the metro area), as well as other public-sector organizations are included in the 2023 survey.
- We are committed to a providing a reliable and intuitive survey platform from which to pull reports. To that end Gallagher, the survey administrator, provided a webinar to review the survey reporting dashboard.
- Please contact Jessica Nikunen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for overall questions about the survey.
- Please contact Thomas Cummins (email@example.com) regarding your survey specific questions.
- Please contact Cynthia Dolan (Cynthia_Dolan@ajg.com) regarding your survey dashboard questions.
Disclaimer: The League provides the salary survey program to facilitate the exchange of information among elected officials and management of participating organizations. The League program relies on sophisticated methodology and proprietary technology. The League purchases the salary survey program, and each organization is responsible for its own data. Participating organizations are expected to allow access to elected officials and select management staff only.