Published: September 19, 2020
This material contains general information; it should not be used as a substitute for legal advice. Any attorney general opinions cited in this material are available on request from the League’s Research and Information Service staff.
Learn the steps to take in hiring a city manager or administrator, including how to manage interim time, whether or not to use a search consultant, setting position qualifications and creating a position profile, attracting, interviewing and offering positions to candidates.
- City Manager Position Description, City of Moorhead sample (doc)
- City Administrator Position Description, City of Fosston sample (doc)
- City Administrator Job Advertisement, LMC model form (doc)
- City Manager or Administrator Training and Experience Rating Sheet, LMC model form (doc)
- Employment Application, LMC model form (doc)
- Release for Employment Reference Checks, LMC model form (doc)
- City Manager or Administrator Employment Agreement, LMC model contract (doc)