This content conveys general information. Do not use it as a substitute for legal advice. Any attorney general opinions cited are available from the League’s Research staff.
Learn successful human resources practices taking into consideration legal requirements such as understanding your appointing authority and general public employment concepts like “employment-at-will.” Discover best management practices for effective recruitment, employee recognition, and opportunities to develop new skills. Find brief introductions to applicable state and federal laws. such as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEOC), Affirmative Action, Human Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and more.
- Family and Medical Leave, LMC model policy (doc)
- Informed Consent for Release of Information, LMC model form (doc)
- Overtime Pay or Compensatory Time Election, LMC model form (doc)
- Overtime and Compensatory Time, LMC model policy (doc)
- Personnel Policy Template, LMC model policy (doc)
- PTO, Vacation, Sick Leave Cash-Out Election, LMC model form (doc)
- PTO, Vacation, Sick Leave Cash-Out Flow Chart (pdf)