This content conveys general information. Do not use it as a substitute for legal advice. Any attorney general opinions cited are available from the League’s Research staff.
Learn why cities should manage their streets by enacting a right-of-way ordinance, especially for the ability to regulate utilities, including telecommunications utilities, and others using right-of-ways and to better your utility service lateral locate responsibilities. Be able to control street obstruction, road excavation and re-construction.
- Right of Way Permit Application, sample from City of LeSeuer (pdf)
- Right of Way Regulation, LMC model ordinance (doc)
- Right of Way Regulation – Summary Publication, LMC model ordinance (doc)
- Small Cell Pole Attachment Application and Permit, sample from the City of Bloomington (pdf)
- Undergrounding of Utility Facilities, LMC model ordinance (doc)