Check for critical updates and changes to laws as you prepare your 2024 budget.
The Budget Guide for Cities provides you and your city’s staff with critical information on changes that will affect your budgeting process for 2024, including:
- Changes to state holidays.
- An increase in municipal-use water rates.
- The elimination of the political subdivision employee salary cap.
- The state-mandated paid family and medical leave and earned sick and safe time programs.
- The taxation notification procedure.
The guide also addresses:
- Changes to the IRS standard mileage rate for employees whose travel is compensated.
- Changes to health and dental insurance costs.
- New electronic tax filing requirements that will impact most cities.
You will also find important updates to the coverages provided by the League of Minnesota Cities Insurance Trust.
Taken together with the LMC 2023 Law Summaries, the 2023 Budget Guide provides cities with the tools to put together smart, forward-thinking budgets for 2024 as we head into the budget preparation season.