Current Grant Opportunities

Metropolitan Council Water Efficiency Grant Program
Municipal water suppliers that want to give their residents an incentive to use water more efficiently may apply for grant funds from the Metropolitan Council. The Council has $500,000 available from Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment funds appropriated by the 2015 Legislature. Grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to communities that manage municipal water systems. Council grants will provide 75 percent of the program cost; the municipality must provide the remaining 25 percent. Grants will be available in amounts from $2,000 to $50,000. Communities may use the funds to lower the cost of purchase and installation of products that reduce water use, such as low-flow toilets, Energy Star-rated washing machines, and more efficient irrigation systems. The deadline to apply is Nov. 30.
Learn more and apply

Read the current issue of the Cities Bulletin