It’s important to understand the role that cities play in developing and maintaining quality housing stock and the infrastructure that supports it. The League offers the following resources to learn about these topics and stay up-to-date on relevant proposals.
New! An advocacy toolkit and a sample resolution for cities are now available.
This City Spot blog two-part series provides context and analysis for the 2022 legislative session:
Read the latest news on legislation that would impact city land use, housing, and development issues.
- Starter Homes Welcome Here: Zoning Data Infographic
- Housing Needs in Cities: State Policy Solutions That Work
- 25 City Tools for Housing Affordability and Developer Assistance
- The Spectrum of Housing in a City
- City Housing and Development Action in the News
- Zoning: Why It’s Important
- Development Fees and Cities Q&A
- Four Kinds of City Development Fees (pdf)
- City and Residential Development Fee Key Messages (pdf)
- BATC Papers: Top Five Inaccuracies (pdf)
View information about the 2022 City Policies that guide League legislative action related to housing.
The Governor’s Task Force on Housing report refers to the League of Minnesota Cities and the collaborative role cities play in addressing housing issues across the state.
—View “More Places to Call Home: Investing in Minnesota’s Future” report of the Governor’s Task Force on Housing (pdf)