Published: February 14, 2020
The League of Minnesota Cities Insurance Trust (LMCIT) is offering web-based training provided by FirstNet Learning to all its members.
This tool provides access to more than 60 online training courses covering a wide variety of safety topics that can provide basic training for new employees, as well as refresher training for experienced and seasonal employees.
Free COVID-19 Courses Temporarily Available
Existing FirstNet users and regional safety group members can now access free courses to help with your COVID-19 response, including:
- COVID-19: A Pandemic Response
- Enhancing Productivity with Remote Workers
- NEW! Leading Successful Remote Teams
- NEW! Managing Stress in Uncertain Times
- Practicing Hand Hygiene
- NEW! Preparing Your Workplace for COVID-19
- NEW! Transition to Remote Teaching for Higher Education
- NEW! 6 Tips for Parents Working From Home
- 8 Tips for Working from Home
Employees will be able to complete these interactive training courses anytime, anywhere using a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
Each city/entity will be able to choose individuals to administer their program. These administrators will be able to assign trainings, set due dates, and monitor when a course has been completed. Do you have questions on how to make the most out of FirstNet? A tutorial is available, and administrators can easily contact FirstNet by calling (888) 948-4949 x 1 to get your questions answered.
$20/employee (provides access to all trainings available)
*Note: payment must be made with a charge card.
Regional Safety Group (RSG) members have free access.
To Get Started
For members of a Regional Safety Group (RSG):
New users can begin registering for FirstNet by signing up on FirstNet’s website.
For LMCIT members who do not belong to a Regional Safety Group
New users should contact FirstNet to begin the setup process and make payment by calling (888) 948-4949 x 1. Once you have made your payment, you can sign up for courses on FirstNet’s website. Please note: If your municipality does not appear in the list of municipalities, please contact Joel Muller (information at left.)
For current LMCIT FirstNet users
To quickly access FirstNet Learning and continue your safety trainings, visit LMCIT’s FirstNet webpage.
Note on upcoming changes: The FirstNet Online Safety Training Center is moving to a new and improved Learning Management platform.
For FirstNet Users who are not part of a Regional Safety Group
You will begin using the new platform starting Jan. 1, 2021. More information coming this fall! To get a preview of the new platform, you can attend one of the free informational webinars, linked below.
For members of a Regional Safety Group
You will start using the new platform starting February 1. To help administrators get familiar with the new platform, FirstNet is hosting free webinars on Feb. 3, Feb. 5, and Feb. 7. During these free webinars, you’ll learn how to navigate the dashboard, assign courses, create your own courses, manage learners, pull reports, and much more! Find out more and register.
Please note: if your organization has restricted internet access to specific IP addresses or blocks spoofed emails except from specific IP addresses, then update your firewalls to allow information to and from the IP addresses below:
IP network address 18.104.22.168
Subnet 255.255.252.0 or /22
Broadcast address 22.214.171.124
IP address range 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52
For more assistance, please contact the NEOGOV helpdesk by calling (877) 204-4442 Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time.
LMCIT currently offers more than 60 training courses through FirstNet Safety Training:
- Accident Incident Investigation
- Arc Flash Awareness
- NEW Avoiding Collisions
- NEW Avoiding Collisions while Backing and Parking
- Back Safety
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Compressed Gas Safety
- Confined Space Entry
- NEW Dealing with Aggressive Behavior
- NEW Dealing with Conflict
- Defensive Driving
- Driving Hazards for Light Truck Drivers
- NEW Driving with Distractions
- NEW Dump Truck Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Emergency & Disaster Preparedness
- Emergency Communication in the Workplace
- Emergency Evacuation & Egress Safety
- Employee Safety Awareness
- Ergonomics for Light Truck Drivers
- Eye and Face Protection
- Fall Protection
- Fire & Explosion Hazards
- Fire Prevention
- First Aid & CPR Academic Training
- Forming Effective Safety Committees
- Hand & Power Tool Safety
- Hazard Communications—New GHS
- Hearing Conservation
- Introduction to OSHA
- Job Safety Analysis
- Ladder and Scaffolding
- Landscape Safety
- NEW Light Trucks: Backing Safely
- NEW Listening Skills
- NEW Managing Speed
- Materials Handling & Storage
- New Employee Orientation
- Office Safety
- Operating Safety Committees
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Preventing Phishing
- Preventing Strains and Sprains
- Respiratory Protection
- Responsible Use of Social Media
- Safety Awareness for Seasonal Employees
- Security Awareness with Privacy Principles
- Slips, Trips, & Falls
- NEW Stress Management at Work and Elsewhere
- NEW Tailgate Topics – Safe Backing
- NEW Tailgate Topics – Safe Following
- Trenching and Excavation
- NEW Understanding Team Building
- NEW Vehicle Care and Maintenance
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing Safety
- Winter Driving Safety
- NEW Work Zone Safety
- Working in Extreme Temperatures
- Working Outdoors in Warm Weather Climates