Newly Elected Officials: 2018 Leadership Conference
Congratulations on being chosen as a leader in your city! Some of the fabulous prizes that are now yours include:
- The challenge of quickly getting up to speed
- A heap of new responsibilities
- An expectation that you understand complex city financial and legal issues
- An opportunity to lead your city to a brighter future
Don't worry—the League of Minnesota Cities (LMC) is here to help!
Get off to a strong start in your new city leadership role by attending Minnesota’s only comprehensive training opportunity for newly elected city officials.
In just two days, you will:
- Understand your role in leading and governing your city
- Learn about your legal responsibilities and how to avoid common pitfalls
- Get tips and tools for working effectively with your residents, city staff, and elected colleagues
- Network with other elected city officials from around the state
- Engage with LMC staff and discover how the League of Minnesota Cities can help you with the everyday challenges of elected office
Tips on how to make the most of your conference experience
Join us to get the information and resources you’ll need to succeed as a new city leader!
—Fee: $325 per person (does not include lodging)
Jan. 26-27—Brooklyn Park
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
7025 Northland Drive N. (view map)
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428