LMCIT’s fundamental purpose is to cover the property, liability, and auto risks of Minnesota cities, and to mitigate hazards—not to show a profit for stakeholders. The organization was created by cities, for cities, and makes serving cities a priority. LMCIT funds not needed for claims, expenses, or reserves are returned to members as a dividend.
Coverages are designed to be comprehensive and to meet members’ coverage needs as simply as possible. LMCIT uses its own unique coverage documents to provide coverage to member cities.
Get details about property/casualty coverages:
LMCIT Liability Coverage Guide (pdf)
- Learn about liability (casualty) coverage offered by LMCIT, including unique coverage situations for land use litigation, airports, sewer backups, special events, joint powers entities, cybersecurity, and more.
- Understand coverage limits and various incentive programs.
- Get information on filing a liability claim.
LMCIT Property, Crime, Bond and Petrofund Coverage Guide (pdf)
- Learn about property, crime, and petrofund coverage offered by LMCIT, including builder's risk coverage and property coverage options for bond, flood, and equipment breakdown.
- Understand coverage limits, LMCIT's property appraisal program, and schedule of property to identify at renewal and midterm.
- Get information on filing a property claim.
LMCIT Auto Coverage Guide (pdf)
- Understand auto liability, auto physical damage, no-fault, and uninsured/underinsured coverage offered by LMCIT, including coverage options, provisions, and how coverage works in specific situations such as the use of personal vehicles on city business and coverage for impounded or seized autos.
- Get information on filing an auto claim.
Property/casualty coverage changes, rates, and dividends for 2017-18: