2019 Legislative Conference
Registration will open soon!
Your city has a voice! Join more than 150 city officials at the Capitol and make sure city priorities are heard. Mark your calendars and save the date for the League’s 2019 Legislative Conference for Cities, February 20-21 in St. Paul!
Sit down with your city colleagues and discuss what’s going on at the Capitol. The program will focus solely on city issues, legislation impacting cities, the climate at the Capitol following the 2018 election, and what city officials can do to advocate during the 2019 Legislative session.
- Updates on legislation from the League’s intergovernmental relations staff
- Tips on how you can advocate effectively
- Opportunities to schedule time with your legislators
- Time to network and connect with city officials from across the state
It’s never too early to schedule a meeting with your legislators!
Start planning your trip to the Capitol by arranging time to meet with your legislators during the afternoon on Feb. 21.
Need contact information for your legislators? Visit the Minnesota Senate website and the Minnesota House of Representatives website to find your legislators.
Tips for getting in touch with your legislators:
- Earlier is better! Schedules fill up quickly—make sure you’re on the calendar early to help ensure you have a quality meeting with your legislators
- If this is the first time you’re meeting with your legislators, try setting up a meeting through their legislative assistant. You can find assistants’ phone numbers on the legislators’ webpages
- Can’t find details for someone’s legislative assistant? Try calling your legislator before emailing them—people tend to have more luck when setting up meetings over the phone
- Schedule more time with your legislators! Come down early and meet with your legislators on Wednesday, followed by a reception at the Rathskeller Cafe at the State Capitol
Feb. 20-21—Christ on Capitol Hill Lutheran Church
105 University Ave W (view map)
St. Paul, MN 55103
Find information on conference hotels.
Transportation During the Conference
The League will provide a free looping shuttle bus that will go from the conference hotels, Christ on Capitol Hill Church, and the Capitol. Not staying overnight? You can also park at the League—the conference is being held only one block away!
Mark your calendars and check back later this fall for registration and more details on this conference.