The Senate Taxes Committee will likely begin hearings the week of March 8.
The House Property Tax Division will begin hearing local sales tax proposals this week. Hearings will be held on March 3 at 3 p.m. and March 4 at 1 p.m.
Below is a list of the submissions the House and Senate Taxes committees received by the Jan. 31 deadline that will be heard in the House this week. The committee will hear additional local sales tax bills in the near future. The Senate Taxes Committee will likely begin hearings the week of March 8.
The following proposals will be heard on March 3:
- Grand Rapids: Reconstruction, remodeling, and upgrades for the IRA Civic Center.
- Itasca County: New construction or upgrades to correctional facilities, court facilities, and county offices.
- Cloquet: Repairs and expansion of Cloquet Ice Arena and Pine Valley Park Ski Jump.
- Warren: Construction of a new child care facility.
- Maple Grove: Expansion and renovation of the Maple Grove Community Center.
- Fergus Falls: Aquatic Center, streets and infrastructure, parks and trails.
The following proposals will be heard on March 4:
- Edina: Fred Richards Park, Braemar Park, and Weber Woods Park improvements.
- Floodwood: Citywide street and infrastructure project.
- Peter: Construction of a new fire station.
- Oakdale: Construction of a new public works facility and expansion of police department facility.
- Litchfield: Construction of a community wellness/recreation center.
- Hermantown: Hockey arena, trails, and athletic facilities.
- Wadena: Renovations to the city library.
Additional local sales tax bills may be added to the March 4 hearing schedule.