Cities can use these infrastructure grants to address needs ranging from rural broadband deployment to clean up of brownfields.
There are several federal grant opportunities authorized by the well-funded Bipartisan Infrastructure Law with upcoming deadlines. These programs are available for cities and include resources that may match up with your community’s infrastructure goals. The opportunities include:
- Building Resiliency Infrastructure and Communities Grant
- Consolidated Rail Infrastructure and Safety Improvements Grant Program
- National Brownfields Program
- Continuum of Care Supplemental to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- The Rural eConnectivity Program for Rural Broadband
The League of Minnesota Cities encourages any city interested in one of these programs, or any federal grant program, to seek free technical assistance on any federally funded grant program though the National League of Cities (NLC) Great Lakes Federal Grant Navigation Program. For more information, contact York Haverkamp with the NLC Great Lakes Federal Grant Navigation Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.