The Minnesota Attorney General’s Office joined a multi-state settlement with opioid distributors in the summer of 2021. The League joined partner agencies on an advisory panel that made recommendations for a statewide framework for the allocation and use of funds received from the national lawsuits.
During this webinar recorded on Dec. 9, 2021, the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office and League staff discussed the key points of the plan, why cities with populations of over 10,000 are being asked to sign on to the national settlement, how it will impact funding options for all cities, and what your city needs to do before Jan. 2, 2022.
- Get more information on the Attorney General’s website
- Minnesota Opioid Settlements — Letter From Attorney General (pdf)
- Minnesota Opioid Settlement Executive Summary (pdf)
- Minnesota Opioid State-Subdivision Memorandum of Agreement (pdf)
- Minnesota Opioid State-Subdivision Agreement Overview (pdf)
- Minnesota Opioid State-Subdivision Agreement FAQ (pdf)
- Minnesota Opioid Settlement Allocation Agreement FAQ (pdf)
- Minnesota Opioid Settlement Checklist (pdf)
- Model Resolution Authorizing Participation In Opioid Litigation Settlement (doc)
- Keith Ellison, Attorney General, State of Minnesota
- Elizabeth Wefel, Attorney/Lobbyist, Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities
- Dave Unmacht, Executive Director, League of Minnesota Cities
Patricia Beety, General Counsel, League of Minnesota Cities