If you are new to your job, or have never attended the League of Minnesota Cities Clerks’ Orientation Conference, this 3-day workshop is a must. This conference, held concurrently with the 2020 Annual Conference in St. Paul, provides excellent basic training for city employees charged with municipal clerk’s duties, and will give you tools and skills to help you succeed, including:
- Explore data practices issues and what resources are available to help you navigate data practices requirements.
- Learn the basics of municipal financial management and how to keep the council and citizens informed.
- Learn about the Open Meeting Law, including how it applies to electronic communication and social media.
- Discover what you need to know to be in legal compliance with state laws.
- Find out about internal controls that will help your city prevent fraud.
- Recognize your leadership role in the city and broader community.
Plus, throughout the Clerks’ Orientation Conference, you will be able to take part in some 2020 Annual Conference sessions and connect with fellow city officials from across the state!
Lodging is not included in the conference fee.
Date & location:
June 24-26 — St. Paul
Saint Paul RiverCentre
175 W Kellogg Blvd
St Paul, MN 55102