Wednesday, June 14—1-3:30 p.m.
See signs of a vibrant city during this tour through Rochester. You'll have the opportunity to explore renovations and new uses for older spaces as you learn about these unique redevelopment projects.
1. Chateau Theatre – The City of Rochester acquired the historic Chateau Theatre in January, 2016. The Chateau is a focal point in the “Heart of the City”. A Chateau Theatre Re-Use Task Force was appointed and a needs assessment was completed, with the intent that the Chateau should be renovated as a functional and flexible performance, meeting, and event space. The Chateau Theatre is a cultural asset, that upon renovation, will enhance economic development efforts, help move forward downtown revitalization efforts as part of the DMC initiative and promote arts opportunities in the community.
2. Conley-Maass Building – This is an adaptive re-use redevelopment project of an old building in the downtown. The building was recently renovated and is a good example of a private-public partnership. The developer worked with the State Historic Preservation Office to seek historic preservation tax credits. The City provided some tax increment assistance to the project, and the building now is home to a vibrant downtown restaurant on the ground floor and business start-up “incubator” space on the 2nd floor.
3. Flats on 4th Project – This is a mixed-use redevelopment project on the edge of downtown across the street from the City/County Government Center. The developer demolished the blighted buildings on the site and is constructing a six-story, mixed-use building with approximately 2,300 square feet of ground floor retail space and 92 apartment units on the property. 20% of the units (19 total) are to be affordable to persons at 60% area median income. The project is consistent with the City’s Downtown Master Plan that advocates for the creation of a series of vibrant downtown residential neighborhoods as being integral to realizing the vision of a livable city.
4. Alatus Project – This is a redevelopment project for a mixed-use development consisting of commercial/office areas, a mixture of residential housing options and the parking facility. The project will consist of 347 market rate luxury apartment units, 560 enclosed parking stalls, and a best in class resident amenity package. In addition, approximately 21,000 square feet of retail and office space will extend along the 2nd Street corridor along with high quality landscaping to provide a welcoming pedestrian experience. The vision for the proposed project is to create a transit-oriented residential mixed-use development located in close proximity to downtown Rochester and adjacent to Mayo’s St. Mary’s campus.
5. Cascade Lake Project – Casacde Lake is a transformation of gravel mining areas located along Cascade Creek, into an approximately 100-acre lake, which will also include a multi-use park that will include swimming, fishing, boating, hiking, and biking.
The mobile tour may also include several other projects such as Broadway at Center and adjacent new City Parking ramp, 1st Avenue Flats, Future UMR Campus Area or others.
Please note: To take part in this free workshop, you will need to pre-register.